5 TIPS FOR GOING AFTER YOUR DREAMS WITH CONFIDENCE
If you’ve been dreaming about having a certain kind of lifestyle for a while, but you still can’t find a way to finally “get there”, I have some tips for you to achieve your dreams with confidence. If you still haven’t checked off anything on your vision board, don’t fret! It is never too late to go after what you want. I’m a firm believer in that. I believe that no matter what situation you find yourself in, no matter what age you are and no matter what you’ve been told, IT IS NEVER TOO LATE to live how you want.
Here are my 5 tips for going after your dreams with confidence:
1. Destroy your limiting beliefs. First things first, you can’t get very far unless you believe that you can. So if you’re used to having limiting beliefs about your ability to live the life of your dreams, changing those beliefs must be your first step to achieving any type of progress.
2. Understand that it’s not enough to dream. It’s great to have grand dreams, but dreams don’t work unless you do. Once you get clear on what your dreams are, you must begin developing a plan of action. Start with small steps and always go for progress over perfection. Don’t just dream about success, work for it!
3. Stop comparing yourself to others. As Theodore Roosevelt put it, “Comparison is the thief of joy”. This is so completely true. When you compare yourself to others, you tend to start doubting yourself and asking things like, “why does she have it all and I don’t?” You must understand that each one of us is on a different path and each one of us has had different circumstances. It won’t do you any good to compare your progress to others. Just focus on your own path and your own goals.
4. Stop worrying about what others think. I know this one is tough, but when trying to achieve your dreams, please only worry about what you want, not what others expect of you. Ask yourself, “If I did not worry about what ‘they’ thought, how would I do things differently?” This can stir up some powerful inner observations for you. I know it did for me when I first asked myself that question!
5. Don’t let fear scare you away. I know that sounds funny, but my point is that change is always scary and can bring up all sorts of fear; however, realize that it’s part of the process and go along with it. In other words, expect to feel afraid whenever embarking on something new. It is totally normal to experience fear when facing new challenges in life, just don’t let it hold you back. Every single time I faced my fears and did something new and exciting (that scared me), I always came out stronger for it. Just follow your intuition on this one and you’ll be fine.
So there you have it. Follow these steps and you’ll be much closer to achieving your dreams. Just remember to always be kind to yourself whenever you’re embarking on something out of your comfort zone. Don’t beat yourself up when you make mistakes along the way, you’re human after all. Besides, mistakes are proof that you are trying. No need to beat yourself up about it and let them be a reason to stop and give up.
If you want to connect with other like-minded women who are also trying to do amazing things in the world, join my Facebook group for women entrepreneurs. It’s a place for lady bosses to share ideas and cheer each other on. Hope to see you there!
To your success!